I created dhall-golang but my life priorities have taken me away from it. I haven’t made a new release since December 2020. I cannot commit the time I once did to this project.
Therefore, I am looking for a new maintainer for dhall-golang.
What a maintainer would do
In particular, I would like someone to:
- keep dhall-golang up-to-date with the dhall-lang standard
- respond to issues on the dhall-golang repo
- fix ongoing bugs
- keep dependencies up-to-date
- maintain compatibility with new Go versions
- vote on behalf of dhall-golang in dhall-lang votes
Support I can offer for the transition
If you are interested in becoming the maintainer, I would be happy to help you get up-to-speed with the codebase. This would include:
- helping via email, twitter DM, or video call to explain the current state of the codebase
- pairing on some current work to be done (see below)
- discussing ideas I had for future direction
I would be willing to keep supporting you for long enough to ensure the transition is smooth, and in any case for at least 3 months.
Current work to be done
The latest release of dhall-golang only supports language version 19.0.0. The latest version is 21.0.0.
There is a list of open issues, but one key issue is that unmarshalling requires a particular file on the user’s filesystem when it shouldn’t.
If you are interested
Either reply to this thread or send me a DM on twitter. If you’re unsure, please message me anyway! I’d be more than happy to discuss with you.