Expense proposal: Restore Sublime syntax highlighting support for Dhall

Somebody brought to my attention on Slack that the GitHub repository for the Sublime syntax highlighting plugin for Dhall has gone missing (the repository and the owner’s GitHub account are gone). The scope of this proposal is to restore/reimplement that support and I propose reserving $200 to fund that work.

According to our expense guidelines I need to formally document the following:

• What purpose is the expense for?

To create a Sublime plugin for Dhall that supports syntax highlighting

• Is this a one-time or recurring expense?

One-time

• What is the amount you wish to expense?

$200

Also, the expense has to be approved by the same process that we approve changes to the language standard

1 Like

Has the repo completely disappeared? Would this involve starting from scratch? I’m not familiar with syntax highlighting but that sounds like a lot more work that what we’ve previously allocated $200 for

Maybe @vmchale can comment on how much work is involved since she maintains the equivalent syntax support for VSCode

Sorry to revive this funding proposal. I forgot to announce it the first time, so I’m just going to through the 1 week waiting period a second time to to double-check before announcing that funding is available for this proposal.

I have a working .sublime-syntax file and a semi-automated way of producing it from the VSCode Dhall Language support. However, I would need to spend some time documenting how to do it. Is this funding proposal still open?

Yes, this proposal is approved and we have the funds available for this.

OK, I’ll start work on documenting my solution.

How would you want me to go about publishing it when it’s ready? I assume ultimately we’d want to get it into the PackageControl repository so Sublime users could install it easily. However, it’ll need to go into a GitHub repo and I think it would be best if it was in the dhall-lang org, like the VSCode support.

Yeah, whenever you’re ready to publish this the easiest way to do it is to first publish under your own account and then we can transfer it to the dhall-lang organization whenever you’re ready to do so.

Thanks. Sounds good.

1 Like