Contributing to the website

I’ve made a few improvements to simplify contributing to dhall-lang.org (and all of the other sub-domains). You can find the updated instructions here:

… but I can summarize the main improvements:

• Now the website code lives in the dhall-lang repository so that it’s easier for contributors to discover how to update the website
  • Now there are instructions documenting how to make changes to the website and test those changes locally (see the above document)
  • Now dhall-lang.org uses continuous delivery (CD) so that any changes merged to master are automatically deployed every hour

The only thing that still lives in the dhall-haskell repository is the GHCJS code that powers the live demo.

5 Likes

@Gabriel439 I have no idea how to do this but if I may give a suggestion about the website, I believe it would be nice to be able to click on the editor to have a maximum (zoom) experience.

Just throwing this idea because I went to try something on the website and eventually had to come back to my editor because scrolling within a tiny window was cumbersome.

Hope you don"t mind, throwing ideas like this :wink:

@PierreR: I don’t mind! :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know how to make the demo examples resizable without interfering with the layout, but another option we could do is to have a separate try.dhall-lang.org which provides a full-page version of the same thing.

1 Like